Saturday 16 January 2016

Pre Frozen #1 Consultation

Today is my review day with my IVF doctor, for post-fresh cycle #1 cum pre-frozen cycle #1. As usual, I spent a great deal of time waiting outside the consultation room, but only a short few minutes meeting Dr Sadhana. Knowing that I do not ovulate regularly, doctor decided to put me on medicated frozen cycle.

So, the plan is as such:
  • Call KKIVF on CD1
  • Go to KKH to collect medication on or before CD4
  • Start taking mediation from CD4 onwards

Difference between natural vs medicated frozen cycle:
(This is what I've gathered from the forum.)
NaturalMedicated
- No mediation- Start progynova from CD4 onwards
- First scan on CD11 (or CD9 / CD10)- First scan on CD11 (or CD9 / CD10)
- Follow-up scan (and BT*) until
  (1) lining is at least 8 mm and
  (2) ovulation occurs
- Follow-up scans until
  (1) lining is at least 8 mm
  (2) (no ovulation)
- Schedule for ET- Schedule for ET
* Ovulation determined via BT in some hospitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment