Monday 13 June 2016

Post ET Herbs

I brewed my herbs last night. Due to my inexperience, it took longer than expected and I slept late. The instruction from Dr Lim is to boil the first batch of herbs from 3 bowls to 1 bowl, then add the second batch, bring to boil and switch off the heat. I used the slow cooker because the pot is made of ceramic. I wasn't comfortable using the stainless stain pot, even though it is generally deemed as safe for TCM herbs. After almost 3 hours, the amount of water in the pot didn't reduce much. So I opened the lid slightly, then I waited and waited. I didn't dare to leave it heated overnight, as I didn't want to risk the herbs drying up.




At the beginning of brewing my first batch of herb with 3 bowls of water:


Dr Lim prescribed 5 packs of these herbs, each pack cost $100. After brewing, I divide the liquid into 2 portions and drink 1 portion each day. Thus, 1 pack will last me for 2 days. On the 3rd day, I rest, no need to drink. Also, on the days I drink the brewed herb, I have to mix a pack of yellow powder medicine and drink it. I have no idea what is that and it taste weird.

2 comments:

  1. hi are you still seeing her?
    any comments and estimated charges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've stop seeing TCM for now, due to overwhelming western medicines and supplements I have to take.

      Dr Lim is a very joyful person, always put me in a happy mood when I see her. So far, I've stick to seeing this TCM for the longest period.

      Delete