Monday 6 March 2017

IVF Fresh #2 Day 16

Although doctor plan to transfer blastocyst(s) for this cycle, I was still schedule to return to KKIVF today. I still had to fast since midnight and had to drink plain water to get my bladder ready. Don't understand why such a protocol is decide because it doesn't seem very logical for me. Anyway, due to bloating, I wasn't really hungry, so skipping breakfast wasn't really a big deal. But I couldn't really drink much water too, I could only take tiny sips.

Upon reaching KKIVF, we pressed queue number 2 and 3, as instructed. Queue number 2 for the ET procedure and queue number 3 for blood test. The reception called first and we went, before the nurse could finish her briefing, I was called for blood test. Again, I don't really get why they have such an arrangement. Anyway, DH stayed at the reception to finish the briefing, while I went to Room 1 for a nurse to draw my blood. Then, we waited about half hour for the blood test result and for Dr Sadhana to call us. The wait seems really long because I was really feeling very uncomfortable. DH sort of regret not sending me to 24-hours O&G last night.

Finally, a nurse called us into the ET room to meet our doctor. In my mind, I was prepared to have ET postponed because I obviously cannot handle the symptoms. As DH predicted, Dr Sadhana wants me admitted and put on drip. My blood test result was bad and she said that my blood was thick. Before sending me to the ward, she told us we had 6 good embryos (2 days old at this point).

Doctor advised that I'll be warded for 4 to 5 days, but during admission, the counter staff collected the fees based on 2-day stay. Of course, I hope the shorter the better. I hope this hospital bill wouldn't burn a big hole in our pocket. DH decided that he wants to stay with me overnight, so he opted for the 1-bedder. The next option is the 4-bedder and he wouldn't be allowed to sleep overnight. The cost difference is quite significant, but I couldn't think properly, so I just left DH to make the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment