Friday 4 December 2015

IVF Fresh #1 Day 03

DH accompanied me to KKH this morning and we reached after 8 am. KKIVF was already crowded with patients. There's another 10+ patients before me, so we decided to go upstairs for breakfast. When we returned, the queue had moved quickly and it was almost my turn. While waiting, I watched the other patients stapling some papers to their queue numbers and leaving them in the white box outside Room 5. In my heart, I'm thinking "Did I forget some instruction mentioned during the pre-IVF briefing?" But I left my briefing folder at home! Indeed, I realised that I was suppose to write my NRIC on my queue number (for first visit) and leave it in that white box for the nurse to pick up before I go in for my scan. Anyway, my number was still called and the nurse didn't show any unhappiness that I didn't follow instruction.

After my baseline scan was done, we had to wait for reception to call for us (same queue number). Meanwhile, I was watching the patients and wondering which stage they are at. DH kept himself occupied playing game on his phone.

When we were called, the nurse gave us the Medisave forms to sign and handed over my prescription. We went upstairs to the pharmacy, collected my injections and headed back to KKIVF. This time, I had to take a different queue number and waited (again). Room 1 called, we went in and a nurse taught me with a demo on self-injection.Then, I had to do my first jab (300 IU Puregon) in front of her.

And we are finally done and can finally head home to rest! Next scan in 6 days' time.

By the way, the pharmacy put small ice packs in the plastic bag together with my injections to keep them chilled. (The injections have to be stored in the fridge.) On the way home, the plastic bag was "sweating". Now I understand why some other patients were carrying cooler bags.

My IVF timeline so far:
CD1Call KKIVF
CD3 / Stim Day 1Baseline scan. 300 IU Puregon jabs daily for 4 days
CD7 / Stim Day 5300 IU Puregon & 0.25 mg orgalutran jabs daily for 2 days
CD9Visit KKIVF for scan

No comments:

Post a Comment