Thursday 10 December 2015

IVF Fresh #1 Day 09

I'm back at KKIVF for my first scan after starting on the injections. DH took leave and accompanied me just like every other appointments. As told, I brought along my remaining medication in a small cooler bag, with the small ice packs inside. (I'm not going to lug a "sweating" plastic bag and drip water all over.)

Today's ultrasound scan will tell how well I responded to the medication. And I anxiously waited for my turn, not knowing what result to expect. During my scan, the sonographer read out numbers to the assisting nurse, who will record them in my file. She measured the sizes of 20 follicles and obviously, I cannot remember all the numbers. However, I took note that the largest measurement was at 11.5 mm and there were 3 of follicles at this size.

After the scan, I waited to see the doctor on duty in either Room 3 or Room 4. The doctor said that it's hard to judge the growth rate of my follicles, because this is my first IVF cycle. This meant that I will have to make another trip here tomorrow for another scan. She gave me the prescription with the same dosage. When we went to the pharmacy to collect my injections, the pharmacist was nice enough to replace my "melting" ice pack with new frozen ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment