Monday 14 December 2015

IVF Fresh #1 Day 13

Some ladies in the Singapore Motherhood forum are really religiously feeding on egg whites to grow their follicles. (A case of 以形补形; eat eggs to grow eggs?). As for me, I'm getting complacent and I ate eggs only when DH brings me out for Ya Kun breakfast. Then, there's also other fertility superfood like avocado, brazil nuts, etc. I didn't eat any of those; I just don't have the discipline to follow through. I hope I wouldn't have any regrets later.

Anyway, I'm back at KKIVF for yet another scan. Today, DH couldn't take leave and this is the first appointment that I am going on my own. Although I have more than 12 follicles on each ovary, the sonographer only measured the biggest 12 on each side. After she's done, she made a final count under her breath. The largest follicle measured at 18 mm.

As usual, I had to wait to see the doctor on duty. When I was called into the room the first time, she asked me if I was feeling bloating. Then, she said that she needs to consult Dr Sadhana on my case because I have many follicles and is at risk of OHSS. So, I was sent outside to wait. Meanwhile, I was feeling distraught at the possibility of a postponed ET, which means that I would not have ET for this fresh cycle. I message DH about the news. The doctor called me back to the room and confirmed that I would not have ET and all my embryos will be frozen in storage. I'm really upset that it turned out like this! But DH thought about it and concluded that maybe this arrangement is better. He still trust Dr Sadhana's judgement. Well, not that I don't trust her, but I'm just really disappointed.

Tonight, I'll be going back to KKH 24 hours O&G clinic for my trigger shot. Typically, patients who go on to have their ET done in their fresh cycle will be given Pregnyl. I am given Lucrin instead. It would prevent me from getting OHSS, but at the same time, it would affect my uterine lining and therefore making it unconducive for embryos to implant.

My IVF fresh cycle timeline:
CD1Call KKIVF
CD3 / Stim Day 1Baseline scan. 300 IU Puregon jabs daily for 4 days
CD7 / Stim Day 5300 IU Puregon & 0.25 mg orgalutran jabs daily for 2 days
CD9 / Stim Day 7Largest follicle at 11.5 mm. Jabs with same dosage
CD10 / Stim Day 8Largest follicle at 13.5 mm. Jabs with same dosage for 3 days
CD13

Largest follicle at 18mm. Final 0.25 mg orgalutran jabs
Lucrine jab at night.
CD15ER
CD17ET cancelled due to risk of OHSS



My IVF injections. Puregon was injected using the fine pen needles, while orgalutran came in glass syringes.

No comments:

Post a Comment